The last “links to love” post of 2016 and although I did not complete my blogging goal it’s ok. I realized that much of the idea of my blogging goal wasn’t really truly what I wanted, but more of what I thought was expected. Being able to come on here and share some of our favorite moments, lessons I learn, products we love and most importantly open about whatever I’m feeling, is what truly matters to me. This is what I love and even though I decided I’m not going to drive myself nuts about it, (DRIVE…that’s my word for 2017) I will not be putting it off to the side. Things that are important to you should NEVER be put off to the side. It’s easy, very easy, for me to get lost in my everyday life as a mother and wife. Work and responsibilities take over and you find that you lose a little part of yourself. New year means new opportunities to reach those goals, yes even the ones you didn’t get to in past years because no one can put a limit on your goals, except for yourself.
Focusing on yourself is also important because that’s when the best version of yourself shines through in your everyday life and relationships. My most important people are my family and I want to be the best version of myself for them.
OK, with all this recent positivity (ha…hope it lasts) I found some awesome links that I know will help me and maybe you as well!
- YOUTUBE LOVE: I have shared before some of my favorite youtubers to watch, but this one is very special here in our household. We are a family the gloves to sit down and watch TV together…it’s part of our special family time. I randomly found Shonduras when I did a search on the best people on Snapchat to follow. I thought, what makes him so special…why does he call himself that particular name, being that I’m from Honduras, I was slightly defensive. His story is so inspiring and I encourage you to check it out! Anyway, we started watching his daily Vlog/BEST DAYS EVER and my family and I were hooked. It’s the positivity and overall outlook on life that keeps us coming back everyday. Shaun McBride is his real name, and along with his beautiful and chill wife Jenny, their adorable baby Adley and their fun friends Craig(tall chicken)Parker(pookie) Brandon and Sean Holladay. The videos are inspiring, hilarious, quirky and we love them. It doesn’t matter what type of day each one of us have had, we just crack up! It also inspires us to make ever.single.day…the BEST DAY EVER!!
- VISION BOARDS: A few weeks ago I attended a women’s empowerment conference (shoutout to Jenny of LatinasUnited for an awesome conference) with my sis in law Denise and we got the chance to work on our very own vision boards! It was so much fun and motivating! i took way too long working on mine and didn’t finish it but I left determined on working on my very own at home. I saw making Pinterest boards as kind of like my own version of vision boards. I did a little more research on them and found that there is a lot more to it! This article is a great read!
- SAVING MONEY TIP: I am horrible with money…horrible and I hate it!! You can either kick bad habits cold turkey, or with baby steps. I choose baby steps. Here is a really simple way to get you started on savings. It doesn’t matter what type, it could be for a trip, vacation, emergency stash. ..etc. A fool proof saving plan from NEPA Mom…52 weeks savings challenge!
- TRAVEL GOALS: When you can’t travel far consider a road trip with your family. I know I’ve always wanted to do a trip across the U.S.—from the east to the west. Instead, of going all in, without knowing what I’m getting into I’ll consider a trip nearby like this New England Road trip with the family!
- GETTING HEALTHY: I did not get as much exercise as I planned on this year. Getting healthy is definitely a priority and there was nothing I enjoyed more than walking everyday. It was my time to just relax and enjoy some music. It didn’t feel like a chore. I loved it and I am not someone who likes to exercise. 10 reasons to go for a walk right now.
- DATE TIME: The hubs and I don’t get a lot of time to ourselves. I’d like to make date night more than twice a year a priority! Relationships take work and time. As much as I love our yearly Firefly Music Festival trip (crossing my fingers for 2017 firefly) it’s just not enough. This best date jar idea is so cute…..(a fun date in itself creating it). This link also shares the 175 Best Date Ideas from The Realistic Mama, if you feel like you can’t come up with your own!:)
- Music Love: One of the things that brings me the most joy is music. With romance and a touch of the 80’s in mind…I give you The Paper Kites !
“..and all I know is that I want you so, heavy on my mind, and the feeling grows…”
Wishing you a great 2017!!!