Current favorites– I share all my favorite finds from recipes, places to visit and activities to good music and products that we just have to have and love! (formerly known as 7 links to love)
Can you believe it’ been 2 weeks in July already!? I can hear the not so distant sounds of chaotic September mornings. It’s great to be able to spend time together without worrying about homework and all the other activities that take up our time during the school year. We are so not ready yet! Ladybug will begin 3rd grade and my
little man will be in 8th grade. Our vacation is coming up real soon so there’s no need to worry about that yet.
Here are my current favorites:
- Next month, I will be attending Rizos On the Road. I look forward to seeing Ada and Rocio because they are some of the people that I look to for advice on all things curly hair related. I had a chance to say hello to them at their first curly hair event Uptown Curls. They are the nicest most genuine people and LOVE what they do. I look forward to seeing them and their entire team of incredibly talented women! “With a bilingual audience, Rizos on the Road promises to bring education, empowerment and cultural pride to Latinas across the country who are passionately looking for curl guidance, beauty tips, relatability and a sense of community. Discussions will be held in each city to empower and support the natural hair movement while highlighting what it means to be an Afro-Latina. With this tour, we hope to empower our community by reminding each other that having natural hair is more than just a trend or hairstyle, it’s an embodiment of self-love and fully embracing our roots.- Rizos on the Road
- Since we’re definitely doing Disney, matching family shirts are a must! I found the perfect one on Etsy from MouseApparel and saved it to my favorites so I would know exactly where to order it from!
picture from the flower that blooms
- With our Florida Universal/Disney trip in my mind, I have been on the hunt for the best tips and tricks to make our vacation memorable and affordable. This adorable and unique idea for an autograph book for Sarah to save the autographs of her favorite Disney princesses and characters! Or you can be inspired to create your own!
- Pom Poms are one of the latest trends and Sarah is all over it with this adorable handmade headband from The LVR Shop! There are also other amazing items like pom pom earrings, which I have as well! Lee, the talented shop-owner is kind and you can tell that she puts a lot of love into everything she makes.
- I want a cute rustic farmhouse table for our kitchen. I’ve found some beautiful ones like the one above at a roundup of the prefect farmhouse tables from Start A Home Decor. They can get really expensive so here’s a great DIY if you’re daring from Rogue Engineer!
picture from O TASTE AND SEE BLOG
- Parmesan crusted chicken is one of my favorite things to eat! This popular recipe, pictured above, from O TASTE AND SEE is super quick and easy and of course there’s bacon in it so it’s got my seal of approval!
- It’s so easy to fall into a summer rut. Keeping the kids busy and entertained can be a trick. There’s only so many park runs to do until it gets boring. here’s a great list of 100 free summer activities for kids!
I hope you have found some these links helpful and let me know of any great ideas for tips and tricks you might think I’m missing out on.
I leave you with our current family favorite of the summer. We are a music loving family and it’s such a perk when we all share the love about the amazing electronic music duo ODESZA. I can’t get enough of them and hope I get the opportunity to see them live soon! Odessa-line of sight…give it a listen!