I’t s already the middle of March and we really have not been doing too much. We’ve been up to our daily schedule of work and school. Projects, activities, errands and outings all scattered in between. The weather has been crazy and our first official snow storm of the year hit us and graciously allowed the kids not 1 but 2 days off this week! This is a month of celebration in our home. A lot of our family members have birthdays in March including The hubs. We try our best to make his day as special as possible. He doesn’t ask for much, but he deserves the best and so much more. I know he appreciates and knows how much we love him though!
Here are this week’s 7 links to love:
- With The hubs in mind I wanted to share a great recipe for one of his favorite things to eat at the moment. You can have this as a meal with some ‘tajadas’ (fried, thin plantain) like we say in Honduras or ‘chifles’ like they’re known in Ecuador. I personally love shrimp ceviche, but this recipe is with fish. Ramon’s Fish Ceviche (ceviche de pescado)
- For the music vinyl lover in your life, gift them a monthly subscription to VNYL– you get 3 hand-picked albums curated to your taste in music and you keep them forever…it’s only $39 a month..almost the price of one record these days!
- The picture above doesn’t have the best lighting, but it’s the only pic I took of a recent date night the hubs and I had. We attended a tricky -tray to help raise funds for our kids’ school. We had a great time, and won something. Well, actually Sarah won something, a fun teepee tent. I’m not sure if you can see it well, but on the bottom right is this wonderful vintage bicycle necklace I got. I love it! I ordered it from DEPOP . It’s an app where people buy and sell unique items. The specific seller (@downabove) that I got the necklace from has some really fun and unique jewelry at great prices!
- This picture is of Sarah in the actual teepee we won for her. She loves it. She has slept in it overnight without a problem, practically living in it now. I got to thinking how fun it would be to get a tent of our own that can fit the 4 of us, or make a fort and have a family fun indoor campout experience!
- I do not wear a lot of makeup. The few times that I do I try to be smart about it and go for the most natural kind, not strict about it, just cautious. I have been dying to try this specific brand, Moonrise Creek. There shop contains an “array of handcrafted botanical goods, including plant based skin care, mineral cosmetics, aromatherapy, healing herbal apothecary, mens grooming items, as well as other shaving and cosmetic tools.” I’ll let you know how it goes!
- We will be taking a big road trip for our Florida family vacation. It’s important for me to find a great way to pack our car and stay organized for the long hours on the road. I will be referencing to this for help with organization in car. Also, we need new travel packs or luggage ASAP. The ones we have are hanging on by a thread. It’s time to invest on new travel gear for all of us!
- Quick shoutout to one of our favorite shows WORKAHOLICS. We discovered it maybe 2 years ago.We binge watched the previous seasons until we caught up. In my opinion, it was wildly inappropriate and uncomfortable at times. We would watch it when the kids were sleeping. Julio and I would make sure at least an hour had passed by since the kids fell asleep, you know, so they wouldn’t hear the show. (We live in a small apartment and you could hear everything!) I’m cracking up just thinking about it, one of our guilty pleasures! It was such a funny show and it’s last episode of the series was on 3/15!
Enjoy your St.Patrick’s day, if you celebrate it! Have a great weekend! I leave you with one of my current favorite songs… J. Views ‘Into The light’ featuring Wild Cub. I found this version on his youtube and it is equally amazing!